A referendum relating to the Badby Parish Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 24th January 2019. The question which will be asked is:
“Do you want Daventry District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Badby to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The neighbourhood area is the area covered by Badby Parish Council and all persons on the electroral register for the area are entitled to vote. Polling cards will be issued as for any local government election. The Polling Station will be Badby Village Hall.
Hard copies of the plan and other specified documents can be viewed at the following locations:
– Daventry District Council Offices (Lodge Road, Daventry, NN11 4FP)
- Monday to Thursday 9.00-17.00, Friday 9.00-16.30
– The Maltsters (The Green, Badby, NN11 3AF)
- Tuesday to Wednesday 16.00-23.00
- Thursday to Saturday 12.00-23.00
- Sunday 12.00-22.30
– St Mary’s Church (Church Hill, Badby, NN11 3AR)
- Monday to Saturday 10-17.00, except during services
At its meeting of Council on 6th December 2018 Daventry District Council agreed that the Badby Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan, as modified by the Examiner’s recommendations, should proceed to referendum. A copy of the Council’s Decision Statement is available here.
In accordance with the Regulations the Council has published a Neighbourhood Plan Information Statement to support the referendum
The specified documents referred to in the Information Statement are available below:
- Badby Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version)
- Badby Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan – report of the independent examiner
- Summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner
- Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement
- General Statement about the Planning System and Neighbourhood Plans
Further information relating to the referendum process is available here.
What happens next?
The referendum will be held on Thursday 24th January 2019. The Council must make the neighbourhood plan if more than half of those voting have voted in favour of the plan.