Bin collection days will change across Daventry District from Monday, 4 June. Until that date, please continue to follow your current collection schedule – for example, if you are due a black bin collection on Saturday, 2 June, please continue to present this.
Please look out for a waste and recycling information booklet in the post, which are expected to hit doormats later this week (w/c 21 May). This includes details of your new collection day from 4 June and your calendar for the year ahead. If you have not received this booklet by 31 May, please contact us.
You can also check your new collection day on our website – search for your postcode at www.daventrydc.gov.uk
- From the week beginning 4 June 2018, you will receive the following service:
1 weekly food waste collection
2 weekly mixed recycling collection in a new blue-lidded wheelie bin
3 weekly general waste black bin collection
+ Plus an optional two-weekly garden waste service for an annual fee of £35 a year.
- If you wish to continue having your garden waste collected fortnightly from 4 June, you will need to sign up for the new chargeable garden waste service and pay an annual fee of £35. You can sign up at www.daventrydc.gov.uk/gardenwaste or by calling 0345 218 5215.
- New blue-lidded wheelie bins are currently being delivered to each home in the district for the new fortnightly recycling collection starting on 4 June. If you have not received your new bin by 31 May, please contact us – email email@example.com or call 01327 871100.
- For the majority of homes in Daventry District, brown bin collections during the week beginning 21 May will be the last ones before the new opt-in garden waste service begins. Brown bins will not be emptied after 4 June from homes that have not registered for the new service.
- From 2 June you will be able to download a free app to check your collection days and set reminders and notifications on your mobile or tablet. Search for Daventry District Council in the Google Play and the Apple Store.
- To find out more about the service changes and to read a range of FAQs, visit www.daventrydc.gov.uk/binchanges